Our Frequently Asked Questions . . .
Click on the QUESTION below to view the ANSWER.
Where is your product manufactured?
We proudly manufacture on site at our headquarters in Placerville, CA, USA, thereby enabling us to provide consistent quality and delivery.
What is the lead time for custom orders?
Generally speaking 4 to 6 weeks, although this time can increase depending on the product line, custom artwork and order volume, so please check with our sales staff and allow more time when possible.
What are the payment terms on custom or special orders?
Because your products are made-to-order, we require a 50% deposit to initiate the order with the balance due prior to shipment.
What file format is required for customer provided logos and artwork?
- Our art department can work with almost any standard graphics file format, but these preferred file types will ensure the lowest art charges and most accurate reproduction of your logo: .EPS, .AI, .CDR, .PDF, and .SVG.
- These secondary file types are also accepted, but will usually require a higher art charge when compared to the preferred file types listed above. It is also very important to send a high resolution file when working with these types: .JPG, .TIFF, .PSD, .PNG.
- Please avoid sending images taken directly off of a webpage or inside of office documents because these are usually low resolution and will require significantly higher art charges.
- If your logo is not available in a digital format, we will also accept clean camera ready artwork via fax or mail. Additional art charges may apply.
Can you make a custom logo for my project?
Yes, we occasionally design logos for our clients. Logo design is billed at a $75 per hour rate for all customers, with a $500 minimum & deposit required. We will also be happy to provide you with high quality images of your new logo to use in print, advertising, and soft goods.
What stone colors are available?
We offer red, blue, green or clear synthetic stones for most buckles where stones are an option. In addition, we can special order other synthetic birthstones on request or precious gemstones (additional charges may apply).
Do you offer volume discounts for custom awards?
Yes, we have a discount schedule which includes additional incentives for members of our partner associations (see partner links). Please ask your sales associate for further details.
We have a small budget for buckles so which catalog is most suitable for our program?
Start with our Champions Minted Collection and discuss your budget with one of our sales associates. Remember that the website only pictures a small sampling of the many choices that we offer in each buckle category. Our staff will gladly discuss your award program and provide full catalogs upon request.
What does “sterling silver overlay” or “sterling silver/nickel back” refer to to?
We use a laminated base material which provides for a durable thickness of sterling silver on the surface suitable for long term wear and tear and hand engraving when required, mechanically bonded over a thicker layer of nickel, thereby creating an adequate overall product thickness at less cost than solid sterling silver.
What does “minted” refer to?
The metal is manipulated by machines for cost savings and uniformity. Industrial presses “cookie-cut” shapes which are then embossed by hydraulic machines. Machine made pieces can be stamped from non-precious or precious materials. Superior tooling processes and craftsmanship enable us to stamp remarkable replicas of the original design.
How do I care for my Gist products (buckles, jewelry, bits or spurs)?
- Plated or solid bronze buckles/product: ONLY use a soft cloth, mild soap and water. DO NOT USE silver polish, aerosol sprays or polishing clothes of any kind as it will result in damage to your buckle.
- “Sterling overlay” and jewelers bronze buckles/product: Use a soft cloth, mild soap and water, polishing cloth or mild sterling silver liquid cleaner, or sudsy ammonia. DO NOT USE aerosol or abrasive silver polish as this will result in damage to your buckle.
- “Sterling overlay”, solid sterling silver, 1/10 10KT and all carat gold and solid gold buckles/product: Use a liquid jewelry cleaner, polishing cloth, or sudsy ammonia. DO NOT USE aerosol silver cleaners or silver polish pastes.
- Steel Buckles/bits or spurs: ONLY use a soft cloth or polishing cloth and polish lightly. Use light mineral oil or wax on “browning” or “blued steel”. Humidity will tend to rust product. DO NOT USE jewelry cleaner, silver paste, aerosol or any other liquid silver cleaner. This will damage your product.
How do I return my Gist product for repair?
You may first contact our customer department OR ship the item with a note of explanation and include your contact information (name, address, daytime phone). Be sure to insure the item for the replacement value. It is also best to take a photo copy or picture of the item when possible should it be lost in transit. Return to: Attn: Customer Service, Gist Inc., 4385 Pleasant Valley Road, Placerville, CA 95667
Can I get a Gist logo to use for promotional purposes at our event advertising?
Please discuss this with your sales person or inquire through the contact us page.
How do I find a local retailer?
We have select retailers across the country; please email us for inquiries.